Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Gifts #1 - Yarn Wreath

I made this wreath for my aunt. She lives in a log home and it felt like the perfect rustic addition to her house!

Funny story, she flew in from Cleveland on Friday am before Christmas. I was in the living room and heard her say "Wow, this is a beautiful wreath!" I had a moment of "Oh crap!" because that was HER Christmas gift that I'd forgotten to take off my door and wrap. :-)
Luckily, my small partner in crime said "It's for YOU, Auntie!" to help avoid confusion ;-)
I followed the directions I found on Pinterest except that I used styrofoam instaed of the covered straw. I will DEFINITELY find covered straw next time, as the yarn stuck to the styrofoam and made it difficult to wrap.

I made all of the felt flowers, also using the tutorial from Pinterest. (I am LOVING Pinterest! - if you want to check out my boards, I'm here)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment