Sunday, March 28, 2010

ABC Book #1

I am in the process of making E, my 21 month old daughter, an alphabet book. This all came about because I found these awesome slide door books (Piggy Tales) on clearance at 50% off! I bought two and have decided one will be the ABCs. It took a LOT of planning because there are only 8 pages (and as many sliding doors!) So I'm getting creative with it :-)

I work on this in small pieces. I'm borrowing Everyday Paper Dolls and Paper Dolls Dress Up (Cricut cartridges!) from friends, so I want to get all my pieces/parts figured out before laying out the majority of the book. I am also heavily relying on Animal Kingdom, Hannah Montana (I know, I know), and Doodlecharms.

This is post one in the series about the book. I have a lot more bits done than big pieces, but here's the overall effect I'm going for: 

Then you will slide the door and there will be:

I haven't decided if I will be putting the word for the picture on the book yet. I'm working with about 2x3" spaces here....




2 comments:

  1. Adorable. I love the alphabet background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! This is gonna be cute :-) Those slide door books look like fun.

    ReplyDelete