Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cappuccino TO DIE FOR Cinnamon Rolls

Ok, ok, so I might have added to the recipe title a bit. But they are OH SO DELICIOUS! And I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about the blog! I've been busy working on some TOP SECRET paper projects, which will be revealed shortly. But until then.....

 I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine article last spring.  We tried them on Easter and I was HOOKED!

I won't lie, they are a lot of work. But they're worth every second it takes to make them!

I tried them again when I got my Cuisinart stand mixer for my birthday (one of my top two favorite appliances ever! Thanks Hubby!) Since I didn't intend to make this for a blog, I don't have wonderful photographs of every step. So for today's purposes, it went something like this:
 
Dough after first rise.


Log of cappuccino-cinnamony goodness

Into the oven they go!

Meanwhile, I made the icing. Mmmm icing.

The finished product is a GORGEOUS and huge cinnamon roll!

 
This is a sneaky picture from Easter (hence the Easter basket in the background) but it's just to prove that these *always* turn out beautiful!

And unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them iced because, well, my hands were too gooey and my mouth was too full.   I do, however, have a picture of the Hubby voicing his approval:


Cappuccino Cinnamon Rolls
  • 12 Servings
  • Prep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.

Ingredients

  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
  • 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour

  • FILLING:
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • ICING:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 teaspoons cappuccino mix
  • 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  • In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the warm milk, buttermilk, sugar, butter, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
  • Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
  • Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine the brown sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
  • Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
  • Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 436 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment