Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baking Corn Muffins, WW-Style

I was making a taco casserole and thought a good corn muffin would be the perfect accompaniment for it. I found this recipe on Recipezaar but decided to tweak it to be a low point recipe. My changes are below in red!

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350*.
  2. Grease well 9 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
  4. The batter may be lumpy.
  5. Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
  6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted into center of muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached.
  7. Do not overbake.some residual heat will finish muffin.

Here's my mini-me, complete with apron, helping me make the muffins.

Adding the milk..



Stir well!

Fill mini-muffin tin.





I think we got approval :-)  Each corn muffin is ONE Weight Watchers point!


1 comment: