Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Gifts #2 - Explosion Box



I started my mom's gift months ago. A friend had shown me pictures of GORGEOUS explosion boxes that she had made and I was ready to try my hand at it.

I used Bo Bunny's Welcome Home collection for the box. I generally don't stick to "collections" when I do things, but this was such a huge undertaking, I thought starting out with everything that coordinated was a great idea :-)

I was excited to make the box interactive for my mom. There are tags to pull out with words and pictures inside. Some of the extras were "hinged" with brads so that they could be pulled aside.

I made the flower out of one of the patterned papers and one of the coordinating colors I bought to go with it. I cut each one 1/4" smaller than the previous, and used the end of my Xacto knife to "cup" the flower petals to give it depth.



I used a lot of the beautiful family photos we had taken in October!
It was definitely the Christmas present I was most excited to watch opened this year!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it too! Its sitting on my coffee table for everyone to see!! :)

    ReplyDelete